Announcing Wasabi - Unifying Desktop Search - feedback needed

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Thu Feb 8 22:26:42 EET 2007

On Tuesday 06 February 2007 23:12, Mikkel Kamstrup Erlandsen wrote:
> This email have been sendt to: desktop-devel-list at gnome.org,
> xfce4-dev at foo-project.org, kde-devel at kde.org , xdg at lists.freedesktop.org
>
> * In Short:
> Wasabi is new project with the goal of creating a unified, platform
> independent, specification and api for desktop search engines (and later
> metadata services). We have worked together with several search-projects
> and now have a proposal ready for public evaluation. In short: we need
> feedback

It would be nice if the specification would include object path and optimally
D-Bus connection name where the interfaces are likely to be found.

Otherwise a potential search client has to introspect all D-Bus names and all
object paths on each of them.

Cheers,
Kevin

KDE user support, developer mentoring