shared wasabi implementation

Mikkel Kamstrup Erlandsen mikkel.kamstrup at gmail.com
Wed Feb 14 23:37:44 PST 2007

2007/2/15, Jos van den Oever <jvdoever at gmail.com>:

> Hello wasabi people,
>
> Shouldnt we start sharing parts of the code required to implement
> wasabi? I'm mainly thinking about a struct in c representing a parsed
> wasabi query and functions to de- and serialize these from either the
> xml or the user language.
>
> This should be " that we can put in an
> xsd svn. Requirements to make it palletable for most: few deps and
> written in c. For C++ fans we can add a small wrapper.
>
> What do you think? Can someone here open an svn project for this?

Yes, it is time we begin to back up the spec with code. Mind that the spec
is not finalized yet.

I'm wondering though - is it worthwhile to have a shared lib for this or
should we just have different glib and qt implementations? Or when you say
"no more than a couple of files" do you mean just that? Not a lib, but just
a couple files projects can inline?

Also; we need to start considering the toolkit bindings for the api. I know
of a handful people that are interested in helping out on gobject bindings,
but I have little information on the Qt world... Perhaps we should create
wiki pages - WasabiSearch{Glib,Qt} to have places to store information on
this.

Cheers,
Mikkel