shared wasabi implementation

Emmanuele Bassi ebassi at gmail.com
Fri Feb 16 01:35:01 PST 2007

hi;

On Fri, 2007-02-16 at 08:35 +0100, Mikkel Kamstrup Erlandsen wrote:

>         I did not really mean to jump in here, but before you rip
>         something out
>         of glib, consider just using it, please. There is no reason
>         not to use
>         glib. You should be aware that GMarkup is not a full XML
>         parser though,
>         and may miss things that you need/want.
>
> Yes, I was just tossing ideas about... But why would a c++ indexer
> targeting qt be using glib? GMarkup doesn't have namespace support
> afaik and that could be a problem (maybe not)...

GMarkup doesn't have namespace support, so yes: it may be an issue.
nevertheless, you can hack some level of compliance for the XMLNS spec
in GMarkup (a subset of, like GMarkup is a parser for a subset of XML);
I did it for the bookmark files (a format based on XBEL).  it wasn't
fun[1], but it works reliably enough.

in any case, Matthias is right: GMarkup might not be what you need.

ciao,
 Emmanuele.

+++

[1] hell, who am I kidding: it was fun.