A Standard for Thumbnailers

Sven Neumann sven at gimp.org
Mon Jan 8 15:15:49 PST 2007

Hi,

On Mon, 2007-01-08 at 10:54 +0100, Alexander Larsson wrote:

> That is very similar to the nautilus system. Except it stores the
> commandline (supporting %i, %o, %s and also %u for source uri) in gconf
> key per mimetype, also including a per-mimetype enable/disable toggle.

There's one thing that I haven't been able to find out about the
nautilus thumbnailers. I hope it's OK if I take the opportunity to ask
about it here:

Is the thumbnailer supposed to create PNG files that adhere to the
thumbnailing standard? In other words, do the created thumbnail files
have to include the comments that are required by the standard or does
Nautilus add them later?

Sven