Scanner infrastructure in freedesktop

Étienne Bersac bersace03 at laposte.net
Sat Jan 20 13:00:46 PST 2007

Hi,

I saw your job. But, regardless of the nice features it implement, it's
a SANE only piece of code that seems more like a tiny hack rather than a
real infrastructure. I far from mean this is a waste :). However, i
would like to see emerging a dbus daemon which handle hotplug from HAL,
events from scanners and shares via avahi and maybe scan via a dbus API.

Does anybody has an idea about this ? Do you ? Your work on such
software is precious for design such piece of software.

Please comment,
Étienne.
--
Verso l'Alto !