Scanner infrastructure in freedesktop

Étienne Bersac bersace03 at laposte.net
Sat Jan 27 09:49:04 PST 2007

Hi,

> Would that be accessed through V4L for video and SANE (through the
> gphoto2 backend) for capturing single frames.  Or is there already a
> simple way around this that I don't know about?

SANE have a (not well tested) V4L backend. That's not a bad idea to add
a V4L2 backend. It allow to use a V4L device as a scanner. No need to
rewrite driver.

There is no concept of "stream" or wathever you call a list of images in
SANE. SANE allow to retrieve a frame, and that's all. No need for
further. That's up to the frontend.

Wish that help.
Étienne.
--