Problems with Screensavers and other activity sensitive demons.

Lubos Lunak l.lunak at suse.cz
Fri Jun 8 13:38:43 PDT 2007

On pá 8. června 2007, Keith Packard wrote:
> On Fri, 2007-06-08 at 09:29 +0200, Lubos Lunak wrote:
> >  Ok, I'll try with simpler words :). The XScreensaver extensions is not a
> > perfectly good one, it's not even a good one. In fact, it sucks, it's
> > broken, and there's apparently nobody to fix it. But I'd indeed like to
> > be proven wrong (and, as I said, KDE after all tries to do the best with
> > it).
>
> It would be far more helpful if you would propose fixes instead of just
> ranting about the existing state of affairs. Even just a proposed spec
> for a new API would be far better than 'it doesn't work and no-one is
> fixing it'.

- I'm not ranting, I'm merely stating the state of affairs
- I've pointed the asker to a solution that will do the job for the problem
- the problem should not exist with KDE (and I've pointed the asker to
bugs.kde.org just in case there is something wrong after all)
- 'it doesn't work and no-one is fixing it' is what some X developers said
when asked about the extension (although I admit this is a second-hand
information)

--
Lubos Lunak
KDE developer
SUSE LINUX, s.r.o.   e-mail: l.lunak at suse.cz , l.lunak at kde.org
Lihovarska 1060/12   tel: +420 284 028 972
190 00 Prague 9      fax: +420 284 028 951
Czech Republic       http//www.suse.cz