proposal for extending XSETTINGS registry keys

Avi Alkalay avi at alkalay.net
Wed Mar 28 12:07:22 PDT 2007

Elektra can easily be the infrastructure for storing this keys, with the
benefit of not being just desktop-oriented, but cross-system oriented.

So KConfig and GConf will have (actually have already) an Elektra backend
and there is no need to change applications.
http://www.libelektra.org/presentation/img28.html
http://www.libelektra.org/presentation/img29.html

(these links are part of the presentation that starts on
http://www.libelektra.org/presentation/img0.html)

Elektra can also handle different types as Color, Font, Date etc, and can
provide GConf-ready and KConfig-ready apps access to other softwares
configurations.

More about Elektra architecture, security model and virtual "screenshots":
http://www.libelektra.org/Screenshots_and_Key_Examples
http://www.libelektra.org/Namespaces_and_Key_Names
http://www.libelektra.org/Key%27s_Value_and_Metadata
http://www.libelektra.org/Security_Model