proposal for extending XSETTINGS registry keys

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Wed Mar 28 15:17:48 PDT 2007

On Wednesday 28 March 2007 21:07 +0100, Avi Alkalay wrote:
> Elektra can easily be the infrastructure for storing this keys, with the
> benefit of not being just desktop-oriented, but cross-system oriented.

I think (could be wrong) the main idea of XSETTINGS is that they are supposed
to be available through X11, thus being available to application on remote
machines which connect to the client's Xserver.

The location where the XSETTINGS manager stores the values is an
implementation detail.

Cheers,
Kevin

KDE user support, developer mentoring