[XESAM] Meeting, Wednesday 2007-05-23 at 17:00 UTC

Mikkel Kamstrup Erlandsen mikkel.kamstrup at gmail.com
Tue May 22 16:16:37 PDT 2007

2007/5/21, Mikkel Kamstrup Erlandsen <mikkel.kamstrup at gmail.com>:

> Wednesday 2007-05-23, 17:00 UTC (19:00 CET) at irc://FreeNode/#xesam.
>
> The meeting will focus on how to get something concrete down to ensure
> that the metadata-spec moves on.
>
> I will post an agenda tomorrow. Please chime in if you have any points you
> want to put up on the meeting.
>
> IMPORTANT: RDF vs .desktop will not be allowed to hijack the whole
> meeting. Infact I will try to avoid that subject in the name of progress
> (unless somebody really *really* have a good reason for taking it up of
> course).
>
> Cheers,
> Mikkel

<http://wiki.freedesktop.org/wiki/XesamMetadataFieldsDraftTMP>
Here's a preliminary agenda:

1) Agree on the *goal* of the metadata spec. Describe the data structure or
just provide a list of fields for apps to query? It should be mentioned that
Apple's Spotlight does the former.

2) Ok, I really intended to let this slip a bit, but... There is an urgent
need to settle on a serialization format for the field and category
definitions.

3) Single inheritance or multiple inheritance?

4) Categories define what fields to expect?

5) We need to actually start fleshing out the fields and categories. Should
Evgeny just try and merge Strigi's and Tracker's ontologies so that we have
something to start from?

6) Evaluate proposed updates to the search spec:
http://wiki.freedesktop.org/wiki/XesamSearchUpdates. Please look at the
proposals beforehand.

Sorry if it's a mess, it's way past my bed time :-)

Cheers,
Mikkel