finding directory icon

Sebastian Gurin sgurin at montevideo.com.uy
Wed May 30 08:10:42 PDT 2007

Hi all. This is my first message to this list. I'm just starting with
freedesktop's standars extending the xdg-utils shell scripts.

Well, my problem is the next: I would like to find the icon name that
represent a directory in a freedesktop based system.

At this moment, I'm able to find common file's icon's looking in
their .desktop file in $XDG_DATA_DIR/icons directories. But directories
("x-directory/normal" mimetype) seems not to have an asociated .desktop
file like "normal" files like .mp3, .html, etc. So the question is: how
can I obtain the icon's name of the mimetypes like
"x-directory/normal".

Last, I'm working with linux debian based systems.

Thanks in advance, and excuse me for my poor english.  Any tip will
help.