Xesam meta-meta-data spec needs attention.

Sebastian Trüg sebastian at trueg.de
Mon May 7 02:06:13 PDT 2007

On Sunday 06 May 2007 19:48:37 Mikkel Kamstrup Erlandsen wrote:
> 2007/5/5, Evgeny Egorochkin <phreedom.stdin at gmail.com>:
> > On Saturday 05 May 2007 01:08:51 Mikkel Kamstrup Erlandsen wrote:
> > > I'm still in favour of .desktop though - the main cause is simply that
> >
> > the
> >
> > > .desktop is used everywhere already. Let's stick to one format I say.
> >
> > I'd say RDF is used everywhere :P
>
> Also on the desktop? Remember XESAM is 100% targetted at the desktop.

Nepomuk is a desktop project and the goal is to bring RDF to the desktop in
form of the semantic desktop. RDF is widely used on the web and the web is
blended with the desktop more and more these days. Using it will allow to
easily reuse existing and used ontologies like foaf or whatever.

Cheers,
Sebastian