locale specific for .desktop

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Wed Oct 10 03:13:50 PDT 2007

Le Mer 10 octobre 2007 10:34, Takao Fujiwara - Tokyo S/W Center a écrit :
> Probably this is a seeked discussion by me. Sould we always put UTF-8
> full path or can we put the raw encoded full path without any
> warranties in Desktop Entry specification?

Current spec is UTF-8

My personal opinion is raw encoded full path buys you nothing,
complexifies .desktops and only moves the problem another level (now
you've allowed paths you can't decode in .desktops, how do you handle
nautilus file browsing? What happens when the user changes filesystem
backend? etc)

--
Nicolas Mailhot