locale specific for .desktop

Takao Fujiwara - Tokyo S/W Center Takao.Fujiwara at Sun.COM
Thu Oct 11 00:36:35 PDT 2007

Probably I also agree with you, the full path is always saved as UTF-8 in .desktop even though the acual file path has the different encodings.
Several applications, e.g. firefox, gedit, expects the simple encoding in auto detections.