Desktop-wide input language info

Mildred ml.mildred593 at online.fr
Sun Oct 14 14:19:07 PDT 2007

Hi,

Le Fri 05/10/2007 à 23:51 Nicolas Mailhot à écrit:
> Windows solved this problem years ago. Instead of having a keyboard
> layout/IM switcher, you add a language switcher to the desktop.
> Switching languages may require a layout/IM change, or not. When it
> requires a layout/IM change the switcher behaves like the current
> GNOME or KDE keyboard applet. The smart thing is that even when there
> is no layout/IM change needed the user can still press his switcher
> hotkey, and apps are informed the language being typed changed.

What about if I have two windows. In one I'm writing an e-mail in
english, and in the other, I'm creating a document using another
language ?

Maybe it could be a per-window property ... i think the keyboard layout
can be like that too.

Except that, I think it is a great idea that will benefit free
desktops, if it is implemented. But I can't help, I don't know how
standards are made. I'm just here to try to give ideas.

Mildred.

--
Mildred Ki'lya
E-Mail:	mildred593 at online.fr

Site:	<http://mildred632.free.fr/>
XMPP:	<mildred at jabber.fr> (GoogleTalk, Jabber)

GPG:	197C A7E6 645B 4299 6D37 684B 6F9D A8D6 [9A7D 2E2B]