Adding "Actions" to desktop-entry files

Christian Hammond chipx86 at chipx86.com
Sat Oct 20 14:07:58 PDT 2007

Actions used to be part of the desktop entry spec, but I guess nobody really
made use of them and they were removed. I had a patch to add Action support
in GNOME at one point but they felt they would just make things more
complicated. I still think there's some benefit to including them if we can
find compelling use cases.

http://webcvs.freedesktop.org/menus/desktop-entry-spec/desktop-entry-spec.xml?r1=1.12&r2=1.13

Christian

Christian Hammond - chipx86 at chipx86.com