Bring fuse to the desktop

Mildred ml.mildred593 at online.fr
Wed Sep 12 03:32:16 PDT 2007

Le Tue 11/09/2007 à 23:47 Alberto Ruiz à écrit:

> So you basically want a monolithic  file that is capable to say "hey,
> I need FUSE module X to be mounted", am I right?
>
> That's a matter of create mime types for each FUSE module available
> and associate that mime with the preferred command line tool for
> mounting and exposing on the file browser. Is that what you mean?

Basicly, that's it. Even if I don't understand what monolithic file you
are talking about.

For example, I imagine we could have desktop files like that:

;; --- file zipfs.desktop ---

[Desktop Entry]
Encoding=UTF-8
Version=1.1
Name=ZIPfs
Comment=Mount a ZIP archive
GenericName=ZIP Filesystem
Type=Fuse local filesystem
Exec=zipfs %f %M
Icon=zipfs
StartupNotify=false
Terminal=false
Categories=Filesystem;
MimeType=application/zip

;; --- file isofs.desktop ---

[Desktop Entry]
Version=1.1
Type=Fuse local filesystem
Exec=isofs %f %M
MimeType=application/x-iso9660

;; --- file ftpfs.desktop

[Desktop Entry]
Version=1.1
Type=Fuse network filesystem
Exec=ftpfs %u %M
Regexp=^ftp://.*

See http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Specifications/desktop-entry-spec for the basic specification

--
Mildred Ki'lya
Site:	<http://mildred632.free.fr/>

GPG:	197C A7E6 645B 4299 6D37 684B 6F9D A8D6 [9A7D 2E2B]