[Icon Naming Spec] archive-extract

Jakob Petsovits jpetso at gmx.at
Tue Sep 25 23:58:57 PDT 2007

On Thursday, 6. September 2007, Stephan Arts wrote:
> I think archive-extract could be a nice addition, but if included it
> should be accompanied with archive-insert and archive-remove too imho.

Sorry for taking so long to reply - I think that would be really worthwhile,
and the only reason I didn't propose those two were the names that I came up
with for KDE. Those had a nice fallback, but the icon names were ugly.

I find archive-insert and archive-remove the much better solution, and will
switch the KDE icons to that nomenclature.
So my proposal now looks like this:

 archive-extract
   The icon used for the action that extracts files and directories
   from an archive.

 archive-import
   The icon used for the action that imports files and directories
   into an archive.

 archive-remove
   The icon used for the action that removes files and directories
   from an archive.

Can we please have some "official" feedback from dobey or jimmac?
Thanks,
  Jakob