[XESAM] Last Changes Before RC1 (sorry for delay)

Arun Raghavan arunisgod at gmail.com
Fri Sep 28 07:13:47 PDT 2007

Hello,
Sorry about the delated response.

On 9/26/07, Mikkel Kamstrup Erlandsen <mikkel.kamstrup at gmail.com> wrote:
> This will be the last batch of changes before we call RC1 (modulo upcoming
> ontology update). As usual you can find the proposed items on
> http://wiki.freedesktop.org/wiki/XesamSearchUpdates. There
> are some pretty central items in there. Highlights include:
>
>  * Error/Exception handling
>   * GetHits/GetHitData return type

Just to have this explicit, the only way the server is going to know
what type to return for a given field is is to know the whole metadata
spec, right? Do we need to account for that fact that the server might
not even know what the expected type for a field is?

Regards,
--
Arun Raghavan
(http://nemesis.accosted.net)