Desktop menu - new category

Vincent Untz vuntz at gnome.org
Wed Apr 16 05:57:02 PDT 2008

Le lundi 14 avril 2008, à 21:47 +0800, Toma a écrit :
> Well there is a growing number of Religious software about and it
> should have a home in the menu. Its a matter of organisation and not
> about making people happy. Personally, I hate tidying up but its got
> to be done. :)

Having a registered category doesn't mean the category will appear in
the menus. You'd still have to convince the people shipping .menu files
that there's should be a submenu for this category.

> Its better than having someone have their software file its menu item
> under Office or Accessories (or my beloved Games!)
> Having said that, Religious get my +1

Religious is an adjective. As far as I can tell, nearly all categories
are nouns (or actions, like Printing, Scanning). So, not a good option,
IMHO.

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.