Desktop menu - new category

Vincent Untz vuntz at gnome.org
Thu Apr 17 04:47:14 PDT 2008

Le jeudi 17 avril 2008, à 06:46 -0400, Liam R E Quin a écrit :
> On Thu, 2008-04-17 at 11:15 +0200, Vincent Untz wrote:
> > Le mercredi 16 avril 2008, à 11:31 -0400, Rodney Dawes a écrit :
> > > I would vote for having it be either Philosophy or Theology.
> >
> > I like Theology.
> > Education->Theology. Any people against this?
>
> I'd prefer Spirit; theology is the study of god and/or religion,
> not religion itself.
>
> Education->Theology is an OK category as long as the programs
> in it are for the study and teaching of religion and not for
> religious practice.  For example, an alarm program that tells
> you the time for the daily prayers, or calculates the expected
> time of the Sabbath, should not be in this category of course.
>
> For that you'd want Applications/Religion or Applications/Spirit.
>
> Similarly, religious-themed games would be under Games/Religion.

Heh, I wonder if we're going to agree on something :-)

Quick summary of the proposals so far:

  Religion: no, some people may be offended
  Faith: no, can be ambiguous
  Religious: no, adjective
  Philosophy: might be a cultural difference, but this looks wrong to me
  Theology: no, it's too narrow (for study)
  Spirit: no, can be ambiguous (IMHO)

Spirituality sounds like the next candidate, but again, people may be
offended...

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.