change thumbnailer spec to fit better with xdg-basedir spec

Vincent Untz vuntz at gnome.org
Fri Apr 18 01:04:59 PDT 2008

Le vendredi 18 avril 2008, à 09:15 +0200, Nicolas Mailhot a écrit :

> Le Ven 18 avril 2008 02:40, Martin Meyer a écrit :
> 4] http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Specifications/basedir-spec
> >
> > For me, the end goal is having less stuff in ~
>
> Also it would be nice mid-term to kill the Distinction between $HOME
> and ~/Desktop. The main justification to have different CLI and GUI
> starting points used to be the way $HOME was cluttered with dotfiles
> and dotdirs (a lot of them being created by GUI apps, ironically
> enough)

The Desktop directory is defined by xdg-user-dirs (at least in GNOME).
See http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/xdg-user-dirs

I intend to discuss if we can merge this with the base dir spec at some
point. Never had time to launch the discussion ;-)

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.