change thumbnailer spec to fit better with xdg-basedir spec

Randy Kramer rhkramer at gmail.com
Fri Apr 18 04:18:38 PDT 2008

On Friday 18 April 2008 03:15 am, Nicolas Mailhot wrote:

> Le Ven 18 avril 2008 02:40, Martin Meyer a écrit :
> 4] http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Specifications/basedir-spec
> >
> > For me, the end goal is having less stuff in ~
>
> Also it would be nice mid-term to kill the Distinction between $HOME
> and ~/Desktop. The main justification to have different CLI and GUI
> starting points used to be the way $HOME was cluttered with dotfiles
> and dotdirs (a lot of them being created by GUI apps, ironically
> enough)

Isn't $HOME still cluttered with dotfiles?

(I'd sure like to have a separate directory (hierarchy) for my data files and
my config files--not like ~ and ~/something, but like ~ (for one of them) and
something else (/data or /config (or similar)) for the other.  Oh, and by
data files, I don't mean files the system calls data (like icon files or
whatever, I mean my data, like text files, pictures, sound files ... that I
create or collect.)

Randy Kramer