Commit notifications for specs

Rodney Dawes dobey.pwns at gmail.com
Mon Apr 28 08:47:42 PDT 2008

On Sat, 2008-04-26 at 15:55 +0200, Vincent Untz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've asked for the creation of a git repository to host all fd.o specs
> (will make things much easier). I think it'd make sense to send commit
> notifications to this list since it will help people track the progress
> and the changes. What do people think?

I would prefer to not have my spec moved to a git repo out from under
me. I much prefer the work flow I have currently with CVS. SVN would
be ok, but GIT has a very different work flow, and doesn't seem to
suit the process of simple spec maintenance as well. People should not
be maintaining forks of specs in private repositories.

> An obvious alternative is to create a new list, of course.

I think a new list would be best. It could get noisy for new specs which
are undergoing lots of changes.

-- dobey