Commit notifications for specs

Vincent Untz vuntz at gnome.org
Tue Apr 29 02:20:18 PDT 2008

Le lundi 28 avril 2008, à 11:47 -0400, Rodney Dawes a écrit :

> On Sat, 2008-04-26 at 15:55 +0200, Vincent Untz wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've asked for the creation of a git repository to host all fd.o specs
> > (will make things much easier). I think it'd make sense to send commit
> > notifications to this list since it will help people track the progress
> > and the changes. What do people think?
>
> I would prefer to not have my spec moved to a git repo out from under
> me. I much prefer the work flow I have currently with CVS. SVN would
> be ok, but GIT has a very different work flow, and doesn't seem to
> suit the process of simple spec maintenance as well. People should not
> be maintaining forks of specs in private repositories.

For specs that are actually maintained and with maintainers not
interested in moving to git, the move won't happen. But we have specs
that are more or less maintainer-less, specs that have no repository,
etc. Those ones will be moved.

Note that it's not about maintaining forks of specs, but having branches
where you do a change that you then propose to the list.

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.