Commit notifications for specs

Rodrigo Moya rodrigo at gnome-db.org
Tue Apr 29 08:23:17 PDT 2008

On Mon, 2008-04-28 at 11:47 -0400, Rodney Dawes wrote:
> On Sat, 2008-04-26 at 15:55 +0200, Vincent Untz wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've asked for the creation of a git repository to host all fd.o specs
> > (will make things much easier). I think it'd make sense to send commit
> > notifications to this list since it will help people track the progress
> > and the changes. What do people think?
>
> I would prefer to not have my spec moved to a git repo out from under
> me. I much prefer the work flow I have currently with CVS. SVN would
> be ok, but GIT has a very different work flow, and doesn't seem to
> suit the process of simple spec maintenance as well. People should not
> be maintaining forks of specs in private repositories.

well, the reason behind having all specs in one repo is to have them all
together, so that anyone wanting to do a change can get all of them from
the same place. Right now it seems to be hard to know where the source
of the spec is, so is there any way you could continue maintaining your
spec as you do now but have the latest version always in the shared git
repo?
--
Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo at gnome-db.org>