Address Book

Jakob Petsovits jpetso at gmx.at
Mon Jan 28 08:27:01 PST 2008

On Monday, 28. January 2008, Luka Čehovin wrote:
> I am not thinking about bloated stuff like Evolution or some specific
> desktop environment related solutions (I think KDE has something like
> that but i am not sure) but a small daemon that would manage users
> contacts and provide them to other applications ... regardless of the
> desktop environment.

Sounds like Akonadi: http://pim.kde.org/akonadi/
I'm not sure if they've got a public D-Bus interface already, but this is the
stuff that you mentioned above in the KDE context.

Btw, does anyone know if it's planned to use Akonadi as backend for the
Evolution data server? I somehow lost trace of that rumor.