XSETTINGS registry update proposal

Behdad Esfahbod behdad at behdad.org
Mon Jun 9 13:39:49 PDT 2008

On Mon, 2008-06-09 at 22:32 +0200, Stephan Arts wrote:
> I was looking for the XSETTINGS used by gtk, and I came across this thread[0]:
>
> Consider this a poke, any news on the subject? Are these keys going to
> be added to the XSETTINGS-Registry Spec?
>
> Regards,
>
> Stephan
>
> [0] http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/xdg/2007-April/008110.html

I've also added another one to GTK+ recently:

Fontconfig/Timestamp
Timestamp (seconds from epoch) of the last time fotnconfig's
configuration or font database changed.

Currently gnome-settings-daemon monitors fontconfig configuration files
for and updates the above key upon changes.  Gtk+ then notices the
change and:

  - Makes fontconfig reread configuration,
  - Pango drop fontset caches,
  - Widgets redraw, possibly using new fonts and settings.

--
behdad
http://behdad.org/

        -- Benjamin Franklin, 1759