API for binding and unbinding a key combo?

Justin Clift justin at salasaga.org
Thu Mar 27 07:56:01 PDT 2008

Bastien Nocera wrote:
> On Thu, 2008-03-27 at 15:19 +1100, Justin Clift wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I'm looking for a "works across all window managers" way of setting a
>> Control-Printscreen key binding in my (Glib/GTK based) application.
>>
>> Any suggestions?
>
> This is how to do it for GNOME:
> http://live.gnome.org/ControlCenter/CustomKeybindings
>
> If you want to use the application defined keybindings, see:
> http://live.gnome.org/ControlCenter/ApplicationDefinedKeybindings
>
> The problem with the latter is that you still need your application to
> be running, and the keys to be grabbed by the application using
> XGrabKey.

Thanks Bastien, thats really helpful.

I'll have to get a proper understanding of XGrabKey now, and then ask
back if (er... when?) I have probs.  Heh.  :)

I don't mind the key capturing needing Salasaga to be running, as long
as it can be in the background.  The whole point being to grab
screenshots of Other Applications and all. ;->

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

--
Salasaga  -  Open Source eLearning IDE