org.freedesktop.PowerManagement version 0.2

Kevin Ottens ervin at kde.org
Fri Nov 14 06:45:46 PST 2008

On Friday 14 November 2008 12:46:20 Richard Hughes wrote:
> > So my proposal would be the following for a 0.3 version of the spec.
> > Strips out those methods and signals from the main interface, and have
> > two new optional interfaces:
>
> I'm quite happy making them deprecated in GNOME to be honest, now we
> have DeviceKit-power.

Yup, that's what bugged me most with 0.2, it was both providing policy related
stuff and more low level information. Hence why I only retained the higher
level stuff only in the end.

> > I think the second one has already been pointed out in this thread (keep
> > session management separated from power management). If we agree on those
> > changes, I can basically support such a 0.3 version of the spec today,
> > and that'd probably be minor adjustments on the gnome-power-manager side
> > (a few methods moving to another interface).
>
> I'm happy to roll a 0.3 version without those methods if that's what you
> want. Thanks for looking at this.

Yup, that'd be perfect for me. I'll consider that a done deal then and switch
our stuff to refer to the org.freedesktop.PowerManagement* interfaces now.

Regards.
Ne font reculer l'ignorance."