org.freedesktop.PowerManagement version 0.2

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Fri Nov 14 03:46:20 PST 2008

On Thu, 2008-11-13 at 23:08 +0100, Kevin Ottens wrote:
> Basically, the main difference is that the following methods/signals aren't
> available on our interfaces:
>  - Shutdown
>  - Reboot
>  - CanShutdown
>  - CanReboot
>  - CanShutdownChanged
>  - CanRebootChanged
>  - GetOnBattery
>  - GetLowBattery
>  - OnBatteryChanged
>  - LowBatteryChanged

Funny you mention this. I've just released DeviceKit-power which is a
system service for this sort of thing, and provides [functionality for]
those methods among other things.  More info at
http://blogs.gnome.org/hughsie/

> So my proposal would be the following for a 0.3 version of the spec. Strips
> out those methods and signals from the main interface, and have two new
> optional interfaces:

I'm quite happy making them deprecated in GNOME to be honest, now we
have DeviceKit-power.

> I think the second one has already been pointed out in this thread (keep
> session management separated from power management). If we agree on those
> changes, I can basically support such a 0.3 version of the spec today, and
> that'd probably be minor adjustments on the gnome-power-manager side (a few
> methods moving to another interface).

I'm happy to roll a 0.3 version without those methods if that's what you
want. Thanks for looking at this.

Richard.