Proposed improvement to the Desktop Entry Specification: Relative icon paths

Magnus Bergmark magnus.bergmark at gmail.com
Fri Sep 26 12:01:31 PDT 2008

On Tue, Sep 23, 2008 at 10:06 AM, Patryk Zawadzki <patrys at pld-linux.org>wrote:

> What could also work:
> * if an icon name contains directory separators and starts with one,
> use absolute path
> * if an icon name contains directory separators and does not start
> with one, use relative path
> * if an icon name contains a dot (presumably extension), try relative
> lookup
> * if you reach this point, fall back to icon spec lookup
>
> --
> Patryk Zawadzki

Yes, this specification is a lot better than my version.

I waited a while before responding to see if anyone else had any input, but
it seems like no one does. Does this mean that my proposal is not worth
discussion or just that no one have any complaints? Am I supposed to post
this on Bugzilla when no more discussions are taking place, or do we make
decisions right here on the list?

--
Magnus Bergmark - magnus DOT bergmark AT gmail DOT com
GPG/PGP: 0x7BE84794DB6AA648