Trash Can Question

David Faure faure at kde.org
Wed Aug 5 15:20:55 PDT 2009

On Thursday 06 August 2009, Andrea Francia wrote:
> 2009/8/5 David Faure <faure at kde.org>
> >
> > In practice I would recommend using utf8 everywhere and getting rid
> > of the whole "filesystem encoding" mess in the first place.
>

> Who is interested to work a new draft (a draft) of the spec which solves
> this and the other problems emerged?

Well, I am.
But you'll probably need Alex Larsson on board too, for it to make sense.

Anyway, how do you propose to "solve this"?

David (who also has something to suggest in an updated trash spec;
a file containing the size of the trash, as a "cache" of that information;
more details once I have time to formalize this a little bit)