Need for new multimedia categories

Vincent Untz vuntz at gnome.org
Mon Aug 31 16:48:03 PDT 2009

Hi,

Le mardi 04 août 2009, à 04:00 -0400, Orcan Ogetbil a écrit :
> After careful consideration we decided to use special "X-..."
> categories to classify the multimedia applications according to the
> demand. This suggests using these additional categories:

FWIW, it'd help to have a short description for each of the proposed
category :-)

> X-AudioVideo-Import
> X-AudioVideo-Capture

Do we really need to differentiate those two?

> X-Digital_Processing
> X-Synthesis

Same question, I guess.

> X-Jack

Is it really needed? Sounds a bit weird to add this to me.

> X-Multitrack
> X-Trackers

Need to differentiate?

> X-Notation

Notation is probably too generic, but makes sense. Is it only for music
stuff? If yes, we could use MusicNotation.

> X-Output-Generation
> X-Streamer

Hrm. Not clear what app you would put there. So maybe those need better
names ;-) Or at least the description.

> X-Subtitle-Editor

Are there enough apps for this category to be worth existing?

> X-Audio_Tools

This one sounds like something you could achieve with Utility;Audio; ?

Thanks,

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.