OSD symbols

Jakub Steiner jimmac at gmail.com
Thu Dec 3 03:08:22 PST 2009

On Thu, Dec 3, 2009 at 12:39 AM, Kenneth Wimer <kwwii at sinecera.de> wrote:
> Just having a stroke with one colour is not always enough, if you ask me.
>
> So called monochrome icons might also need to add a darker/lighter
> inset/outset at times to help define things. Ted, any ideas on how to define
> those parts within the SVG? Perhaps adjusting the variable in a matrix or

With a simple monochrome glyph you can do all those things
programmatically. If you need a dropshadow you just need to apply the
alpha channel onto a black rectangle and blur it. If you need an inset
variant, do the same without blurring, offset by a pixel in Y. Putting
all this styling into the symbol itself is not a good idea in my
opinion.

cheers

--
Jakub Steiner <jimmac at gmail.com>