[Xcb] libstartup-notification maintenance

Barton C Massey bart at cs.pdx.edu
Wed Jan 28 20:31:28 PST 2009

In message <20090128104758.GE18571 at abydos.adm.naquadah.org> you wrote:
> I've started to port some code, but I'm currently wondering if anyone has
> already done a sucessful port of an Xlib-based library to XCB.
> Currently it would be much simpler to just rewrite libsn to use XCB
> instead of Xlib. But that'd be 2 differents codebase.
>
> Any hint would be appreciated.

I would strongly suggest forking the codebase at this point.
This can be done incrementally; you can replace Xlib calls
one or more at a time and still retain a working library.
But at the end of the day, I'm about getting a working
XCB-based library and deprecating the Xlib one.

Of course, I may be biased. :-)

There's a Git tree around here somewhere with my
partly-finished port of x11perf.  Not a library, but still
something that might be useful.  I doubt it, though; this
work is mostly tedium.

	Bart