Summary of the fdo disussion at GCDS

Jakob Petsovits jpetso at gmx.at
Thu Jul 9 08:19:47 PDT 2009

On Thursday 09 July 2009, Jeremy wrote:
> I also immagine if two people in say kde for example disagree about a
> spec they will discuss it between themselves before taking a public
> stance on it.

No they won't. If they wait until the internal disagreement is sorted out, the
discussion on fd.o will long be over. Also, the fd.o mailing list can hardly
be considered a "public stance" on things, as developers tend to first speak
for themselves and then for the project, they'll try to push their opinions
wherever it's going to be most effective.

That said, I still agree with Aaron, this will be a minor point because in
practice most developers are reasonable, friendly and cooperative.