Voting mechnism is needed for xdg discussion.

Mario Behling mb at lxde.org
Sat Jun 6 02:50:51 PDT 2009

Hi,

On Sat, Jun 6, 2009 at 11:29 AM, Toma<tomhaste at gmail.com> wrote:
> My issue with voting systems is the lack of transparency. Someone
> could submit something for a vote and we never see it as most of us
> dont have XDG website as our browser homepage.

There are numerous ways. Feed syndication is used by many people these
days. If we could implement a gateway between the mailing list and a
public forum, it would be a good idea and make things more
transparent.

> The only way to get
> everyones attention is via email. And if you suggest making a vote
> then submitting that vote to an emailing list, youre essentially
> accomplishing nothing.

- 1

Not every developer effected by discussions and decisions made here is
on this list. People could follow on different channels (mailing list,
forum, feeds) can improve the process.

> Maybe we need some sort of etiquette for the
> mailing list when it comes to making group decisions on points?

+1

- Mario