ThemePackageSpec (aka Metathemes)

Torsten Rahn tackat at t-online.de
Sat Jun 6 03:53:39 PDT 2009

I think there is a known problem with your approach.

There is a good reason that icons and sounds were always kept in "distinct"
directories:

Iconsets and sounds have the exceptional property of

* involving many files
* consume a lot of space on the device
* are time-consuming to produce

That's why a specific icon theme is often (re)used by several meta themes.

And of course you don't want to copy icon themes into every single meta theme
folder that they get reused by and of course you don't want to work with
symbolic links either.

This and the fact that icon themes are able to inherit other iconthemes makes
packaging the icons on a "per single content folder" base quite problematic.

So this needs to get somehow dealt with.

Regards,

Torsten