git repository for specs: one more attempt

Roberto Guido bob4job at gmail.com
Mon Jun 8 11:33:16 PDT 2009

On Mon, 2009-06-08 at 19:11 +0200, Jannis Pohlmann wrote:
> But why not host it on git.freedesktop.org? Are
> the admins not responsive enough? Also, I see little point in a
> repository that doesn't contain *all* the specifications.

Same problems also are emerging on Xesam list, where we are talking
about moving Nepomuk ontologies into a more community-friendly
development infrastructure and at the moment most people are claiming
for a SourceForge hosting instead of FD.o.

Seems an increasing number of people are invoking for more flexible and
responsive sharing structure, and since I agree Jannis' point about
fragmentation I'd like to understand which problems are with FD.o and
how to solve.

Is it a problem about lack of resources? Is it a problem about lack of
man power? Is it a problem about governance?

--
Roberto -MadBob- Guido
http://claimid.com/madbob