icon naming spec project on launchpad?

Rodney Dawes dobey.pwns at gmail.com
Sun Jun 28 14:26:03 PDT 2009

On Sun, 2009-06-28 at 14:31 -0600, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Sunday 28 June 2009, Lennart Poettering wrote:
> > The big problem is that noone else but Rodney is willing to maintain
> > the spec.
>
> if someone was found who would maintain it and had the appropriate experience
> to do so, would such a thing be accepted?

I will accept help with maintaining the spec, yes. However, nobody
really wants to actually help. A few people from Red Hat just seem to
want to complain very loudly because they have some social problem with
the maintainer, and refuse to cooperate in a manner that would work for
everyone involved.

> i don't want to speak for others here, so i won't name names right now, but i
> can think of at least three people involved with art in F/OSS from different
> projects that i could see taking this on.
>
> if it's really an issue of "find a new maintainer who can move it forward in a
> way that works for everyone involved", that's an easy one to solve.

Frankly, you're not going to find anyone with the time or patience to
deal with the annoyances involved. And nobody has come to me asking
to help, either.