icon naming spec project on launchpad?

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Sun Jun 28 17:10:55 PDT 2009

ok, i'm going to take another run at this one ...

On Sunday 28 June 2009, Lennart Poettering wrote:
> I don't think we need to talk about this anymore. This was discussed
> many times before and just doing that again and again is of no help.

it's too late for that. you joined the conversation, and i'm glad you have.
now you should follow through with that commitment and help us accomplish what
we ALL want: fix it. right? :)

i personally value your involvement with this. we NEED people involved. what
we don't need are people upset, giving up or just simply maintaining the
status quo behaviors that are at the root of the ills here at fd.o.

ok .... pep talk part of the email is over :)

> The big problem is that noone else but Rodney is willing to maintain
> the spec.

so, i should have asked this the first time, but i figured maybe an irc meet-
up would be a better place for that. apparently we're at the point where we
don't trust each other enough to feel that such a meeting would be valuable
and result in something useful.

so ... Lennart, can you let us know what the concrete issues you are facing
with the icon spec are? please do so without assigning blame, pointing fingers
or getting polemic. just describe what you wanted to see happen, and what
actually happened instead.

with concrete examples on the table, we can work through them. together.

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se