icon naming spec project on launchpad?

Rodney Dawes dobey.pwns at gmail.com
Mon Jun 29 19:38:34 PDT 2009

On Tue, 2009-06-30 at 03:58 +0200, Lennart Poettering wrote:
> On Mon, 29.06.09 21:40, Rodney Dawes (dobey.pwns at gmail.com) wrote:
>
> > Another reason to suggest using Launchpad Bugs to track their status.
> > It provides meaningful status field information, priority, and threaded
> > comments via the web and e-mail. It provides a nice place where only
> > the relevant pieces can be viewed, unlike the current mailing list,
> > which can get easily bogged down by unrelated threads, leaving the
> > icon naming mails somewhere way down in the folder making them harder
> > to find and track.
>
> Come on, really.

Yes. Really.

> fdo has a bz that works perfectly fine. What's this thing with moving
> everything to LP? That's as if RH would suddenly move all the projects
> its developers work on to rhbz.

It does have a bugzilla. And it does work. It's just less optimal than
other solutions. And I don't want people complaining about the same
problems in a different forum. If we're going to solve the problems,
then they should be solved in a useful way. Bugzilla doesn't provide
useful status tracking. It provides that a bug is either open or
resolved. And we can't change those fields per-project. And the admin
situation on bugzilla is even less optimal.

> Also, I find LP wildly confusing.

If there are specific examples, please file bugs on Launchpad itself.
I'm sure the developers and design team would be quite happy to have
useful feedback so that the usability can be improved.