icon naming spec project on launchpad?

Kenneth Wimer kwwii at sinecera.de
Tue Jun 30 07:00:04 PDT 2009

On Tuesday 30 June 2009 03:58:06 Lennart Poettering wrote:
> On Mon, 29.06.09 21:40, Rodney Dawes (dobey.pwns at gmail.com) wrote:
> > Another reason to suggest using Launchpad Bugs to track their status.
> > It provides meaningful status field information, priority, and threaded
> > comments via the web and e-mail. It provides a nice place where only
> > the relevant pieces can be viewed, unlike the current mailing list,
> > which can get easily bogged down by unrelated threads, leaving the
> > icon naming mails somewhere way down in the folder making them harder
> > to find and track.
>
> Come on, really.

It is not that I want to push LP . Nor do I really care which system we use or
where it came from. I know what LP can do and I know that there are features
we need which are missing in Bugzilla which LP already has.

> fdo has a bz that works perfectly fine. What's this thing with moving
> everything to LP? That's as if RH would suddenly move all the projects
> its developers work on to rhbz.

Honsetly, this has nothing to do with any company what-so-ever. If there is a
a better solution please suggest it.

> Also, I find LP wildly confusing.

This I can understand. Nobody wants to be stuck with something they don't know
and have little interest in learning for the sake of one project but it is
inevitable that it happens to someone :p

--
Ken