Fwd: Actions extensions in File Manager

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Thu Nov 26 04:06:07 PST 2009

Hi Pierre,

On Thursday, 2009-11-26, Pierre Wieser wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I'm the Nautilus-Actions (N-A) maintainer.
> N-A is an extension to Nautilus, the Gnome file manager,
> which allows (advanced) users to add their own actions
> in the context menu.
>
> This is so very similar to Konqueror Service Menus and
> thunar-actions-plugin.

While this might not entirely be the same thing, a quick check of my local
archive of this list found two related sounding threads:

http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/xdg/2006-February/006094.html
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/xdg/2006-June/006612.html

Not sure whether this kind of action handling is deprecated or an orthogonal
concept but it might make sense to at least have a look it :)

Cheers,
Kevin

KDE user support, developer mentoring