Desktop usability issues: some comments from the country of bears, vodka and ISO8859-5

Aceler mail at aceler.ru
Thu Sep 3 04:17:33 PDT 2009

John Tapsell johnflux at gmail.com wrote at Tue Sep 1 07:00:55 PDT 2009:
>> Another issue - stealing focus. In X Window, every app that requests
>> focus, gets it.

> I think KWin disables focus stealing by default.  Either way, you can
> turn it on focus-stealing-prevention.

Well, if you turn the focus stealing prevention in Kwin on, it will prevent focus stealing from all windows... including Open/Save dialogs for example. Also, it does not prevent window from raising — you will get an unfocused, but raised window. Very funny :)

This feature, as I think, is useful only if you set focus follow mouse.