Actions extensions in File Managers - Draft 0.8

Pierre Wieser pwieser at trychlos.org
Thu Mar 18 16:49:01 PDT 2010

Hi all,

After many thoughts (and some holidays), I propose you the version 0.8
of the extension for menus and actions in desktop files [1].

This extension to DES aims to be able to share actions between
file managers of different desktops.

This version add some precisions on how deal with multiple selections,
how parameters are expanded, etc.
Types are renamed as 'ExtensionAction' (resp. 'ExtensionMenu').

The name of this specification is not yet decided.
I may propose "Desktop Entry Specification - Extension for Menus and Actions"
with DES-EMA acronym.....

[1] http://www.nautilus-actions.org/?q=node/377

All your comments are more than welcome.
Regards
Pierre