FMPS Update

Paul Taylor paul_t100 at fastmail.fm
Tue Mar 16 09:31:02 PDT 2010

Jeff Mitchell wrote:
> On 3/15/2010 8:55 PM, Krzysztof Kosiński wrote:
>
>> 2010/3/15 Jeff Mitchell <mitchell at kde.org>:
>>
>>> 2) What should the separators be? Could there be a publication like
>>> "tl;dr" or "Coder::Music"? Something readable yet not likely to be found
>>> naturally is nice.
>>>
>> There are only two good choices:
>> a) any separators, but with the possibility to escape them with \
>> b) unprintable characters (from the 0x01-0x1F ASCII range), for
>> example 0x1E (Record Separator), 0x1D (Group Separator) or 0x1F (Unit
>> Separator)

You just need to pick one seperator value, I would go for ':' as it is
commonly understood, and then allow it to be escaped with \ for when its
needed in the text itself

Also if things start getting very complex  proposed coverart field at
http://wiki.xiph.org/index.php/VorbisComment shows how you can store
just about anything in a Vorbis Comment. Define a structured object and
then base64 encode it, this method would let you an existing ID3
structure in the VorbisComment.

Paul