desktop-entry-spec: Add an optional Keywords key

Florian Müllner fmuellner at gnome.org
Fri Dec 2 04:47:36 PST 2011

On vie, 2011-12-02 at 12:26 +0000, Simon McVittie wrote:
> On Thu, 01 Dec 2011 at 19:21:21 +0000, Peter Brett wrote:
> > You also specify "localized strings" in the
> > description, which implies that the key SHOULD be translated.  However,
> > the localestring(s) type only indicates that the key MAY be translated.
>
> "localizable strings" maybe? The point is that it *can* be translated.

Right, but as that's already implied by "localestring(s)", I don't think
it needs to be mentioned explicitly in the description.

> If it's abused, that's just a bug like any other, and can be addressed like
> any other bug

Yeah. Also I think it is in the interest of application developers to
have their application show up in results if it makes sense (rather than
as often as possible) - false positives are annoying after all, and
annoying users is clearly not a common motivation for developers :)

Florian