Mime types for folders

Keith Poole platima at gmail.com
Mon Feb 7 16:28:38 PST 2011

Hi Kristof.

A good example of what I'm trying to do would be to allow *.DVD folders to open in a specified application as opposed to opening in the file browser. Of course the user may still want to browse the folder etc, hence my subclassing.

MIME types may not be the way to do this, but I was hoping for a solution that was transparent to the file manager as much as possible. The last thing I want to do is go patching thunar, konq, nautilus, etc.

Thanks
-Keith